Re: Pungi as CD installer build tool

Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy nobugconsulting ro> wrote:
On 07/30/2008 12:30 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
There is reviser, not sure if it landed in F7 timeframe.  It puts a gui
on top of things, has some of it's own code for the things that pungi
does, although it does use bits and parts of pungi.

s/reviser/revisor/ :)

I've looked at revisor on F9 but it seems to be geared to build a
livecd. Or can it build regular installer ISOs?

I can safely say that it builds regular installer ISOs, irregular installer ISOs, as well as installer ISOs that do not work if you change any random number the available settings involved without knowing what it is you're changing, as far as Fedora 9's Revisor (2.1.1) is concerned.

The defaults, certainly on Fedora 7, *just build* a workable ISO. Same goes for Fedora 8.

For the Revisor version in Fedora 7 (2.0.5 iirc); it just works. No extremely difficult settings for particular use-cases involved either. You might be better off composing Fedora 7 using Fedora 8 and the available Revisor package there though. And yes, Revisor does cross-compose between versions of distributions.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip