a new page for packaging recommendations by everyone

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jun 1 17:09:19 UTC 2008

On 01.06.2008 17:17, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
 > [...]
>    tibbs> | spot: Any chance we could work out access to some of the
> pages under Packaging?
> 0:55 <       tibbs> | CommonRpmlintIssues and FrequentlyMadeMistakes?
> 0:55 <        spot> | tibbs: sure.
> 0:56            --- | mspevack is now known as mspevack_mtg
> 0:56 <        spot> | tibbs: i'll try to open the ACLs for those
> (assuming that moinmoin plays nice)
> - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060608
> Perhaps the ACLs just have to be re-opened now that we're using mediawiki?

Don't think that's wise.

Instead drop them completely; give everyone again a chance to *easily*
participate everywhere in Fedora without being in committees; those
should watch and coordinate/decide only if needed. IOW: it's a wiki, we
should use it like one!

But from older discussions I'm well aware that you guys don't want to
that. I think that's totally stupid(¹), but that's just my option. Thus
move everything out of Packaging/ that is meant to be modified for
ordinary packagers; that will avoid a lot of confusion, as it'll be
crystal clear for everyone then that Packaging/ is completely maintained
by the Packaging Committee.

Cu
knurd

(¹) note "that"; the packaging committee members are highly skilled
people and I think they are doing a lot of good work; I just don't like
the ACLs and the bureaucracy which is needed to get something improved;
that is not specific to the Packaging Committee and has become a general
problem in Fedora; I'm well aware that some of that is my fault from the
days when I was more active/in FESCo