a new page for packaging recommendations by everyone

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 17:10:15 UTC 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> On 01.06.2008 14:53, Till Maas wrote:
>> On Sun June 1 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>
>>>   * I'd say that page belongs into the
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/
>>>   namespace
>> Afaik pages in the Packaging  namespace can only be edited by the
>> Packaging Commitee, but the
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers namespace would fit.
>
> /me grumbles
>
> Yes, I forgot that special restriction (a quite bad one IMHO, but that's
> a different discussion). So IOW:
>
> Might be good idea to merge the old
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FrequentlyMadeMistakes
> and the new
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingTricks
> into a new page and place it somewhere where all contributors can edit
> them (which is not the case in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/
> where such a page would logically fit best).

0:55 <       tibbs> | spot: Any chance we could work out access to some
of the pages under Packaging?
0:55 <       tibbs> | CommonRpmlintIssues and FrequentlyMadeMistakes?
0:55 <        spot> | tibbs: sure.
0:56            --- | mspevack is now known as mspevack_mtg
0:56 <        spot> | tibbs: i'll try to open the ACLs for those
(assuming that moinmoin plays nice)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060608

Maybe the open acls weren't moved over when we switched from moinmoin to
mediawiki?  Someone outside the Packaging Committee please try to edit
the page and if acls prevent it, ping infrastructure (#fedora-admin) to
fix it.

-Toshio