Re: a new page for packaging recommendations by everyone

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

On 01.06.2008 14:53, Till Maas wrote:
On Sun June 1 2008, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

  * I'd say that page belongs into the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/
  namespace
Afaik pages in the Packaging namespace can only be edited by the Packaging Commitee, but the http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers namespace would fit.

/me grumbles

Yes, I forgot that special restriction (a quite bad one IMHO, but that's a different discussion). So IOW:

Might be good idea to merge the old
 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/FrequentlyMadeMistakes
and the new
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingTricks
into a new page and place it somewhere where all contributors can edit them (which is not the case in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ where such a page would logically fit best).

0:55 < tibbs> | spot: Any chance we could work out access to some of the pages under Packaging?
0:55 <       tibbs> | CommonRpmlintIssues and FrequentlyMadeMistakes?
0:55 <        spot> | tibbs: sure.
0:56            --- | mspevack is now known as mspevack_mtg
0:56 < spot> | tibbs: i'll try to open the ACLs for those (assuming that moinmoin plays nice)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20060608

Maybe the open acls weren't moved over when we switched from moinmoin to mediawiki? Someone outside the Packaging Committee please try to edit the page and if acls prevent it, ping infrastructure (#fedora-admin) to fix it.

-Toshio