howto push dependencies into sub packages

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 18:31:07 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I maintain the geoclue package. It has a number of providers that can
be compiled in. I've tried to introduce a couple of subpackages for
the gpsd and gypsy providers so that you can just install the
providers you need and not have to pull in extra packages that you
might not need (gpsd and gypsy do essentially the same thing so you
probably don't need both). The problem I'm having is that with the
addition of the gpsd provider (see F-9 testing if you aren't on
rawhide) pulls in gpsd for the main package and not for the
geoclue-gpsd package. How do I push this requirement down to the sub
package so that it doesn't affect the main package (I've got the gpsd
requirements in the sub package).

Cheers,
Peter