Re: Firefox and Moonlight (Mono) "Free Software" Status?

2008/6/3 Ron Yorston <rmy tigress co uk>:
> With Java itself now Free Software why bother with Mono?

Because there is already a very nice collection of free software
available if you think of f-spot, banshee aso. So why do I, as a user,
have to choose between Java and Mono if there is not the same software
available for both sub-platforms?

I use Mono because I develop in C# to write programs for multiple OS.
I'm sure we'll see more and more Mono programs in the future that will
follow that approach. If we are over legal issues, and I think we are,
Mono should stay in Fedora.

Guido