Bind mounts with fedora 9

Hello, with fedora < 9, I could make bind mounts adding a line like
this in /etc/fstab
/srv/db/mysql           /var/lib/mysql          bind    defaults,bind   0 0

But this seems not to work in fedora == 9. During boot, "Mounting
local filesystems" fails and "Mounting other filesystems" fails also
and only mounts bind directories read-only. After boot, I can mount
everything with mount -a
Is this behavior intended?

Regards, Sergio