Re: Bind mounts with fedora 9

Kostas Georgiou wrote:
On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 04:51:15PM +0200, Sergio Pascual wrote:

Hello, with fedora < 9, I could make bind mounts adding a line like
this in /etc/fstab
/srv/db/mysql           /var/lib/mysql          bind    defaults,bind   0 0

But this seems not to work in fedora == 9. During boot, "Mounting
local filesystems" fails and "Mounting other filesystems" fails also
and only mounts bind directories read-only. After boot, I can mount
everything with mount -a
Is this behavior intended?

I think it's selinux getting in the way, if it is the error messages
will be in /var/log/messages since everything happens before auditd
has started so they are easy to miss.
Try with the allow_mount_anyfile boolean enabled for a fix.

Or:
# umount /var/lib/mysql
# chcon -t mnt_t /var/lib/mysql
# service netfs start

(the last command does the mount whilst confined by selinux, whilst the "mount -a" run directly is not so confined).

Paul.