Re: obsoleting -selinux subpackages

On Thursday 05 June 2008, Michael Thomas wrote:

> Why would the Provides: be necessary?  The Obsoletes: should make sure
> that the cyphesis-selinux package gets removed, and later attempts to
> install/upgrade the no-longer-valid cyphesis-selinux package should fail.

That would break scripts etc that assume the cyphesis-selinux package is still
available (either as a real package, or a Provides somewhere else).  Why
would it be a good thing to intentionally cause this breakage?

We have documented procedures how to handle case like this, see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Renaming.2Freplacing_existing_packages