Re: Orphaned packages not! (splat, gpsman, nec2c)

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 12:22:04PM -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> This is not a typical non-responsive maintainer problem. His email account
> listed on the package db entry is closed for a fact. So, why follow a
> proceedure that will take a few weeks when I know for a fact that I need to
> reassign some packages?  :)

It is true that it is not the typical non responsive policy, but I think
that it is covered nevertheless, with a bit of interpretation. If you
remove the reference to the bug which doesn't make sense, indeed one

 Others can add to the bug that they also were not
 successful in contacting the maintainer, or providing additional contact
 information for the maintainer (ie, alternative email, irc, etc).

> I suspect the orphaning process should be followed in cases like this - but
> before its too late.

I don't think it makes much sense.

I'll try to make a proposal soon to cover that in the Non-responsive
Maintainer Policy.