Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 06:30:28 UTC 2008

Hello All!
Seems that some folks didn't know yet about wolderful features,
provided to us by MediaWiki.

Some of them:

* Redirection pages. Almost all of us already have old userpages, but
after migrating to MediaWiki we all got new ones, named differently.
For sake of simplicity, you don't need to copypaste text from old page
to new (or vice versa) - just add redirection. For example, user Peter
has old page [[PeterLemenkov]]. He wants to merge the former and the
latter. For doint this he just edits page [[Peter]] and adds the only
message:

#REDIRECT [[PeterLemenkov]]

Thats all - every visitor of page [[Peter]] will be redirected to
[[PeterLemenkov]]. See latest edits - I already fixed som pages.

* Rich set of special pages.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Specialpages

Feel free to explore them. Among them you may find