> > What version is this? Output of:
> >
> > rpm -q rkhunter
> > rpm -V rkhunter
>
> [lua:~] rpm -q rkhunter
> rkhunter-1.3.2-3.fc8.noarch
> [lua:~] rpm -V rkhunter
> S.?....T c /etc/rkhunter.conf
> ..?..... c /etc/sysconfig/rkhunter

Rats. I see the problem, the updated cron script didn't get copied
right into F-7 and F-8 branches. ;( My fault entirely...

Can you try putting this one:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/devel/rkhunter/01-rkhunter
in /etc/cron.daily/rkhunter ?

I'll try and get this fixed in the next few days... I am planning
updates for that script anyhow.

It worked. The only thing is that /var/run/rhhunter is 775.
Since the copy of /etc/passwd and /etc/group is saved there after executing
--propupd
should not it be 700?

Thanks.

--