Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Sorry, if I misunderstood. When someone describes an alternative to promote their argument, I assume they are promoting the alternative as well. But what did that mean if it's not what he wants?

It just means exactly what it says. If you don't agree with a license terms, you don't get permission to distribute the software even if the licensing terms seem odd to you as noted by a judge in the recent Skype case for violating GPL.

http://laforge.gnumonks.org/weblog/2008/05/08/

This simple fact requires no assumption on your part.

There are a near-infinite number of simple facts that someone could post here. But why, unless they mean to promote or advocate them?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com