Re: Requirements gathering for new package source control

2008/6/10 Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com>:

Well that depends on how long we want to kick around with cvs.  If we
want to wait until we're using !specfiles, it's likely going to be quite
a while.

I don't think workflow changes implies !specfiles - just perhaps not specfiles exactly as they are today.

For example, one simple change we could make when also switching to a new revision control system is to dump the duplicate changelog in the spec file.  Mandriva for example I believe generates them from the SVN log when creating SRPMs.