Re: LVM negates benefits of jounaling filesystems? [was RFE: autofsck]

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:02:02 -0500,
  Eric Sandeen <sandeen redhat com> wrote:

> md for example passes barriers on raid1 but not 0 or 5 AFAIK...

I have heard that, but not verified it myself. I am not sure why this is the
case as I wouldn't expect doing raid 1 to be that much easier than other
types of raid.

> Got a url?

This is a LWN article pointing to the start of a lmkl thread with the
title: "Proposal for "proper" durable fsync() and fdatasync()"
http://lwn.net/Articles/270891/