Re: /bin/mail replacement (next generation of mailx)

On 06/11/2008 06:06 PM, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
Nigel Metheringham wrote:

On 11 Jun 2008, at 15:28, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:

Mailx-12.x adds a lot of useful functionality to the "cmdline mail command", which seems to be expected long years ago. Without it, some tasks can be performed only by TUI or even GUI applications, which makes impossible to automate things by scripts.

I am 100% in favor. I already use nail instead of mail everywhere I need to use command line tools. What I love most is it's ability to attach files.

This looks good, but on a minimal system how many other packages would be pulled in as dependancies over the existing mailx?

For now, "openssl" (or "nss") and "krb5-libs". Is it OK for a minimal system?
openssl and krb5-libs are already required by openssh so I'd say it's not a problem