PackageKit UI

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:21:38 UTC 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> Quite a few people are complaining about the user interface of the
> Add/Remove program in Fedora 9. This is correct, as I agree the UI
> interaction was pretty awful in the 0.1.x codebase.
>
> This was always going to be a stop-gap solution while we worked on the
> 0.2.x branch that supported all the sexy things that people wanted like
> proxy server support, multiple install (and remove) and proper key
> signing support.
>
> This is the current UI of gpk-application in git master (and rawhide
> from today): http://www.packagekit.org/temp/gpk-application.png
>
> It fixes most of the problems with PackageKit 0.1.x (other than the
> slowness [1]) and I'm hoping to get a build in F9 updates-testing
> sometime soon. The update viewer and the other tools have also seen some
> love too.
>
> Comments/suggestions welcome,

Look better, but maybe to wide for lower resolution like 800x600.

A little 'Left Margin' in the description textview, will make the text
more readable.

The 'icon" in the right corner looks a little misplaced. use it in
package view instead.

When using different searches and selecting multiple packages, the
should be an easy way to see what packages there is currently selected
(in queue), maybe adding a 'Selected Packages" under 'All packages'
should do it.

Tim

Tim