Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jun 15 13:39:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 15:05 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 04:07:24PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I was quoting the GPL, and very lightly paraphrasing it to help clear up
> > the confusion which you seem intent on seeding.
>
> I think the word you require is "interpreting"

As you wish. I think you're being silly, as I was careful to ensure that
there was nothing in my "interpretation" that you could reasonably find
fault with -- but I'll stick to a direct quote instead...

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 16:43 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> Bingo.. and copyright does not give you power over other works

It is not the intent of [the GPL] to claim rights or contest your rights
to work written entirely by you.

Rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution
of derivative or _collective_ works based on the Program.

--
dwmw2