Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Once upon a time, jeff <moe blagblagblag org> said:
> The firmware hasn't always been known to be non-GPL. It was distributed for
> years under the GPL, so it *is* GPL, but they are violating the GPL by not
> shipping the source code.

They distributed a string of hex digits in a source file that said it
was GPL.  Where does it say they have to give you anything else?

If I "dd if=/dev/random bs=16 count=1 | md5sum" and include the output
in a GPL source file, you don't get to demand my entropy pool.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>