Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 08:17 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> The compiled kernel image is just a mechanical production from the
> source and does not have copyright of its own.

Excellent. So I can distribute that bzImage without heed to the
provisions of copyright law? I don't need permission from the people who
wrote it at all?

The Windows kernel image is also just a mechanical production from the
Windows source code. Does that not have a copyright either? Does that
mean I can distribute Windows without heed to the provisions of
copyright law too? As long as it's only the binaries, not the source?

Complete nonsense.

--
dwmw2