Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:44:01PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
My point is that the details of the aggregation are irrelevant and the format of the storage doesn't matter. The fact that the firmware loader can find the correct chunk of data to load for each separate device shows that the storage maintains the separation.

Would you then agree that this is a correct statement:

"My point is that the details of the aggregation are irrelevant and the format of the storage doesn't matter. The fact that the [dynamic linker ld.so] can find the correct chunk of data to load for [the shared library] shows that the storage maintains the separation."

If not, why?

That's correct as far as the "identifiable sections" go, but if you would read the COPYING file, you'd see that there are more requirements for the permitted aggregations:
"not derived from the Program"
"reasonably considered independent and separate works".

Does a chunk of code obtained from someone else, used with other operating systems as well, and dropped into separate specific hardware seem to meet these?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com