Re: PackageKit UI

Callum Lerwick wrote:
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Nicolas Mailhot <
nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:

[1] http://www.packagekit.org/temp/gpk-application-multiple.png
I think your main problem was the tabs gallore on the right side. It's
probably better to have just one column with information presented
sequentially in it

Yes, since its presenting information and not UI, use a collapsible tree.
Like say, Wireshark's packet information display.

I hate having a center column so narrow it needs a scrollbar just to show the name of most packages. Thats just simply an unusable UI, even if the right side was collapsible.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul gmail com> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29