Re: Fedora Freedom and linux-libre

Les Mikesell wrote:
Andrew Haley wrote:
It sounds to me as though we're better off without it, regardless of its
status with regard to the GPL.

Perhaps, if you like old buggy versions of firmware...

Is that what is going on? I thought it was adding TCP offloading[1] or similar. I didn't think it was replacing anything on the card, but adding "features". But I'm guessing you have no real idea what it's doing and are just making up the assertion that it is replacing on board firmware.

Of course, if we want to know what it's doing we can just look at the...oh nvm.

-Jeff

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_Offload_Engine