Re: RPM compression format

On 20 Jun 2008, at 07:47, Jindrich Novy wrote:

The exact timing for the new rpm release is not clear yet, but there
would be a need of mass rebuild to fully take advantage of the new
compression.

I guess we also need to stage things appropriately so that those updating to Fedora x (where x is the LZMA supported distro) by using on-line update (yeah I know its not supported as such but its always worked well in the past), are able to get the initial upgrade requirements onto their box (which I guess would be rpm, yum & fedora- release) without being stymied by an rpm for those packages being compressed with LZMA when their own rpm cannot cope with it...

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel Metheringham InTechnology com ]