Latest Zoneminder

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Jun 20 23:44:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:59:33 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> BN> I have read some of the tickets in bugzilla about it, but things BN>
> seem to have stalled.  What is the status of getting the latest BN>
> zoneminder into Fedora?
>
> I believe the significant prerequisite is in Fedora now, at least in
> rawhide; I'm not sure that we'll want to push the new zoneminder into
> the release branches.  That's basically up to Martin.

I was hoping we might get the upgrade as an early F9 update but we've
passed that one. I would still like to see the upgrade in F9, although if
we end up closer to F10 before it's complete maybe it would be better to
hold off.

> Remaining issues are the two javascript packages needed by the new ZM
> release; these are basically awaiting the completion of the javascript
> guidelines but I may go ahead and do things in an interim fashion.

It's probably reasonable to come up with a solution for now even if it
needs to be revised when the guidelines are complete.

Cheers,
Martin.