Re: Fedora Support channels Improvement ideas

On 2008-06-23, 21:57 GMT, Colin Walters wrote:
> I think IRC is kind of fundamentally doomed because of the
> culture.
>
> If we want to emphasize a support medium, the forum is much nicer:

Well, there are two things I have against formus (and it may be
just my feelings problem): -- they don't scale well -- when
subscribed to as many fora as I am to NGs or email lists, I would
went crazy fast, and they are not immediate. I am a big fan of
Jabber, which has advantage of being cool (don't laugh,
familiarity of users with IM is an advantage IMHO), has a ton of
additional functionality (and more could be added), and in terms
of your problem, it deemphasizes culture of cranky geeks with
RTFM always on hand.

Matěj