Re: Backporting some F9 packages to F8

> Can someone backport some of the F9 packages to F8? Especially some of the
> following:
> [...]
> gcc

During the F-9 development cycle, I was able to install gcc and glibc
from Rawhide on my F-8 system. I am using gcc-4.3 on F-8 since then.

Updating gcc and friends will break many F-8 packages, which do not
build with gcc-4.3. For some of these packages, Fedora is carrying
downstream patches (eg., kernel). If these patches are not the same in
F-8 and F-9 then it might be a lot of work.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi