Backporting some F9 packages to F8

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 13:56:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 11:28 +0200, Joshua C. wrote:
> Can someone backport some of the F9 packages to F8? Especially some of
> the following:
> <snip>
> mesa
> xorg-x11-drv-ati

We typically do not do wholesale upgrades of drivers in older releases.
There's just too much churn happening to keep up with it.  Mesa is
particularly problematic since it has complex build interdependencies
with the X server itself.  I hope to be able to change this stance at
sonme point in the future, but F9 is really the first release where I
might feel comfortable starting to do that.

If you have specific problems that are fixed by updating to newer
packages, we can investigate either backporting the fixes or updating
the driver.

- ajax