RFC: Page size on PPC/PPC64 builders

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 19:02:03 UTC 2008

> OK, then. Why would we explicitly make people build under a
> combination that isn't
> in Fedora (that they can't reproduce in Fedora) that can cause their
> build to fail
> (for whatever reason)? Do we appreciate being cruel?

Because our builders can't always be running the kernel of the day.  For
better or worse, our builders run RHEL5 as the host OS, and use mock for
the chroots.  Except for very few occasions, the running kernel doesn't
really play into the build.  The places where it does seem to be pretty
fragile IMHO and need work anyway.

--
Jesse Keating