RFC: Page size on PPC/PPC64 builders

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:20:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 14:35:46 -0500
Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 13:31 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > You're taking this to the absurd.  I'm talking about page size only.
> >
> > > What about the older Fedoras?  Should we have builders set aside for
> > > them that match the kernels in those trees?
> >
> > IIRC, only the first few FC6 ppc64 kernels had 64KiB pages.  And since
> > FC6 is EOL, we don't care.  We don't really have a problem unless a
> > future version of Fedora switches base page size.  I don't see that
> > happening soon.
>
> Page size is just one issue.  What if there are others?

How many times do you cross bridges before you come to them?  Can
you enumerate anything you foresee as being a problem?  Are we
engraving anything in stone here?  Playing what if games at this point
isn't going to really do anything other than lengthen the discussion.

Both arguments have valid points.  I say take this to FESCo and let
them decide.

josh