texlive f8 missing lots of xetex?

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 12:46:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 07:53:43AM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 20:56:26 -0500,
>   Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been trying to use xelatex.  I've been grabbing lots of missing files
> > from ctan.  Why are they missing?

It is now fixed in the F8 TeXLive repository and rawhide, where I
added a complete XeTeX styleset since texlive-texmf-2007-16 so xelatex
should work fine now.

> I think there may be a bug in update scripts when using yum. I haven't
> thoughly tested this, but after updates (I think) lots of texlive stuff goes
> missing (according to rpm -V). I have used rpm -Uvh --force to put the stuff
> back.

I don't keep upgrade paths precisely, because TeXLive hasn't yet
occured in any official Fedora release. This allows me to tune
the TeXLive subpackaging to almost ideal state for upcoming F9
with a minimal overhead for backporting changes for F8. So if an
update fails for some conflict/missing requires, please remove
all texlive packages and reinstall them from scratch and it will
work.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/