source file audit - 2008-03-01

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Mar 5 13:06:04 UTC 2008

On Wed March 5 2008, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > Source0:
> > http://downloads.sourceforge.net/%{name}/%{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
> >
> > is 76 characters long, what does wrap this line?
>
> I use extra blanks to keep most of the columns aligned:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/anjuta/devel/anjuta.spec?view=mar
>kup

Actually, there are tabs not spaces except after Requires(postun):. So there
it should be no problem to use the long version.

Anyways, there was some discussion about which URL from sf.net to use for
source0 when the source url guidelines where written. Maybe you find there
some information, why the short version is not as good as the long one. In
case you don't, you can propose to allow the short version to the fedora
packaging committee[1] to get the url added to the guidelines.

Regards,
Till