Beta Release Notes

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 13:58:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 12:58 +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The beta release notes can be found at:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Beta/ReleaseNotes
>
> I'd appreciate it if people would look over what's there and make
> suggestions on list or changes to the page itself :)

I've added mention of a few Bluetooth features (ObexFTP and ObexPush
client and servers, Palm sync over Bluetooth).

Not sure how to add those:
- Totem got DVB and DVD support, given the right plugins are installed
(link to upstream site? http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/#dvb and
http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/#codecs)
- Totem also has better text subtitles support, a YouTube search plugin,
a MythTV plugin
- Rhythmbox is now the default CD player, and got UPNP support as well
as better Podcast support (Atom feeds, and iTunes Podcasts)