Beta Release Notes

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 5 14:28:40 UTC 2008

Le Mer 5 mars 2008 15:14, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>> 1. evdev was enabled in X, which should improve support of many
>> so-called "multimedia" keys.
>>
>> 2. The Fedora font selection changed, with many new fonts added and
>> a few dropped following a licensing audit.
>
> Do you have more information on what has changed?

- DejaVu full replaces DejaVu LGC as default font set. LGC still
available in the repo for users wishing to downgrade the default font
coverage.
- Luxi was dropped. Not modifiable.
- DejaVu and Liberation updated to new versions with more coverage.
- Many historic font packages were renamed and reorganised (the end of
the font-region bundles)
- Stix, Tiresias, Yanonne, Greek Font Society font set were added (and
several others I don't remember from the top of my head, diffing comps
files from F8 at release time and Rawhide or asking Jens should tell
the full story)

Not for the release notes, but for the list: we have good official
packaging guidelines for TTF/OTF fonts now, and a huge font wishlist.
What we are lacking is packagers. Please come join the fun!

--
Nicolas Mailhot