Announcing FAS2 Tests!

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 15:30:53 UTC 2008

Well, we've been working on it for a long time and even with a last minute
core technology change FAS2 is ready for testing and almost ready for
deployment.  What is FAS2 you ask?  Its the second iteration of the Fedora
Accounts System.  It's based off of TurboGears and has so many standards
and future expandability I won't even go into that here.  What I will say
is that we'd like everyone to come test it before we deploy it in the next
week or two.

The test site is at:  https://publictest10.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

This system is completely separate from the current running system so feel
free to come in, setup a test account, or 2 or 10, and groups.  If you'd
like admin or sponsor access to a group just stop by #fedora-admin and ask
for it and someone will set you up.  What are features to look forward to
in FAS2?

    * Online help system
    * Translations (the systems there but without translations currently)
    * JSON Interface
    * More comprehensive client for shell access
    * Easier to sign the CLA
    * OpenID interface (work in progress)
    * Much less developer-centeric interface

To get your own local install going just run:

yum install git-core
git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-infrastructure.git/
cd fedora-infrastructure.git/fas
vi README

If you have any bugs to report please send them to:
https://fedorahosted.org/fas2/

We're also taking feature requests though they will likely not make it
into the initial deployment.  Happy hacking!