Beta Release Notes

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Mar 5 19:26:16 UTC 2008

On Wed March 5 2008, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> On 05/03/2008, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> > On Wed March 5 2008, Till Maas wrote:
> >  > On Wed March 5 2008, Martin Nagy wrote:
> >  > > Squid got updated to squid-3.0.STABLE1 and there are some
> >  > > incompatibilities in configuration. For example, the old default
> >  > > config that was included in squid-2.6.STABLE17-1 won't work with the
> >  > > new squid. Is this worth noting in the release notes?
> >  >
> >  > yes,
> >
> > Eh, this was just my personal opinion. I just noticed that my similiar
> > note about config file changes in pam_mount where removed from the alpha
> > release notes. So maybe it is not worth noting.
>
> I feel this is probably worth noting, I'm not sure why it was removed
> last time but I'll add a section perhaps for general technical points
> testers should note?

Hm, you should know it, I searched for the changeset that removed the note and
it was done by you:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes?action=diff&rev2=33&rev1=32

Maybe it was an accident then? The changeset is pretty big and there is no
comment so I cannot tell. You also removed several other sections:
- Intended Audience for Development Releases
- Translations of Release Notes

Maybe they should be readded to the beta release notes, too.

Regards,
Till