spec file changes: removing Release: and %changelog

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 06:37:50 UTC 2008

On 2008-03-05, 18:03 GMT, Colin Walters wrote:
> The general idea is to remove the Release: and %
> changelog fields from spec files, and have them generated automatically.

Aside from negative comments other people have in this thread
I would that we have bigger problems than bumping up Release:
manually -- why should everybody fill BuildRoot manually with
predefined value-de-jour which he copies paste from wiki? This
whole variable should go in the ideal world, IMHO.

Matěj