F8 kernel-2.6.24.3-12.fc8

Benjamin Kreuter ben.kreuter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 17:13:49 UTC 2008

On Friday 07 March 2008 11:15:40 Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Uh... If we waited until all the known bugs were fixed, we'd never release
> *any* kernel... :)

Perhaps I chose the wrong words.  What I intended to say is, why are we
releasing kernels that break key things like network drivers or suspend,
especially after we put so much effort into getting those things to work?

> Despite this kernel making my own iwl4965 unusable, I was fully in favor of
> releasing it. In theory, we fixed more problems than we caused, and you're
> always welcome to keep running the prior kernel. (I'm actually running a
> slightly modified 2.6.24.2-7.fc8 now).

Perhaps I should pay more attention to the kernel development, before
commenting on it.  I'm still running a 2.6.23.9 kernel, because it is the
most recent version that does what I need.

-- Ben

--
Message sent on: Fri Mar 7 12:11:25 EST 2008