Framework for dynamic throttling.

Sunil Ghai sunilkrghai at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 15:12:48 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have discussed my idea about "Updates with dynamic bandwidth throttling"
in another thread.

Though it still needs to be worked out but how about having a framework in
the form of libraries or threads to implement dynamic throttling. So
services, those want to have dynamic throttling feature can take help of
this framework. Service could be a package manager for updates, or a file
down oader or anything. Windows machine uses same kind of framework for
updates (which is also available for another applications), they call it
BITS<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/bits.mspx>
.

I would like to know your views, how this kind of framework would fit in
GNU/Linux operating systems and some technical issues related with this.

Regards,
Sunil Ghai