Fedora sound nightmare (Pulseaudio)

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 01:22:57 UTC 2008

I have removed the lines from modprobe.conf, that, by the way, were added
automatically, not by me.

The problem that remains, however, is a new one that never existed with alsa.

I use kde with a sound blaster live card. It has 2 stereo audio output jacks,
one for front and one for rear. The second set of speakers was controlled
with the wave surround volume slider on kmix.

Since the advent of pulseaudio, I no longer enjoy any sound on the second set
of speakers. How can I restore the function of the second audio output jack
and the second pair of speakers?