Summary of the 2008-03-11 Packaging Committee meeting

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Wed Mar 19 15:24:53 UTC 2008

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:52:25PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>>>  and pango is happy doing pointy-clicky things with
>>> other locales.
>>>
>> Only if I bloat my installation with these useless font packages I am
>> not able to read nor type in any case.
>>

> No doubt some non English speakers feel the same about English fonts

Nope.

I am non-English.

I learned English as a language with "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
characters, which are the same as ascii -- at least for the
"international" technical English.

Any not-end-user computer man  -- a sysadmin, a programmer, an advanced
user -- is aware of the technical English anyway. It is like a "computer
esperanto" for him.

~buc