Suggestion Next Release

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 04:10:13 UTC 2008

Hi:

I have a suggestion about the default software for Fedora:

First: In Latin America most part of people does´t have a fast Internet
conection, and for this reason is difficult to install new software by YUM.
Second: An important point that experts evaluate on a S.O. is "ready out of
the box" and you supose how many changes you have to do to leave Fedora
ready.

With this ideas my suggestion is to include many software by default on
Fedora (Especially in Fedora LiveCD)

   - OpenOffice
   - Linux Terminal Server (tsclient)
   - Vino
   - Yumex
   - aMSN
   - Fedora Frog (Easy front-end)
   - Nautilus (always use browser by default)

And why not? we can do easy including by default the most common
repositories for Fedora:

   - Livna
   - Freshrpm

I hope my suggestion will be taken into account. Remember, this idea is
designed to do Fedora more competitive and more easy for the final user.

Regards.

Diego Escobar
Fedora Ambassador for Colombia
Fedora 8 Kernel Linux 2.6.24 + Gnome