Suggestion Next Release

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:26:53 UTC 2008

Dnia 21-03-2008, pią o godzinie 23:05 -0500, Diego Escobar pisze:

> Hi:
>
> I have a suggestion about the default software for Fedora:
>
> First: In Latin America most part of people does´t have a fast
> Internet conection, and for this reason is difficult to install new
> software by YUM.
> Second: An important point that experts evaluate on a S.O. is "ready
> out of the box" and you supose how many changes you have to do to
> leave Fedora ready.
>
> With this ideas my suggestion is to include many software by
> default on Fedora (Especially in Fedora LiveCD)
>
>       * OpenOffice
>       * Linux Terminal Server (tsclient)
>       * Vino
>       * Yumex
>       * Fedora Frog (Easy front-end)
>       * Nautilus (always use browser by default)

* I disagree with OO.o inclusion. It's too big and ugly. Fedora provides
AbiWord and it is nice. Also, Gnumeric is by default.

* tsclient? There's no reason to put it, until majority of cumminity
will want it.

* Vino? Is it the video editor? Or VNC client? Also, I see no reason.

* Fedora Frog? It is unofficial.

* Browser mode by default? Go upstream, if this is very hard to change
one option

> And why not? we can do easy including by default the most common
> repositories for Fedora:
>
>       * Livna
>       * Freshrpm
> I hope my suggestion will be taken into account. Remember, this idea
> is designed to do Fedora more competitive and more easy for the final
> user.

Livna, FreshRPMs and Dribble joined RPM Fusion, but still they provide
packages with non-free licences.

They simply cannot be just like that available. Livna is not official.

I only think that Livna could e approved and then used by Codeina, but
this is only in my imagine.

How it is currently, is good.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek