yum & slow internet

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 09:29:07 UTC 2008

Dnia 22-03-2008, sob o godzinie 16:56 +1100, David Timms pisze:
> Diego Escobar wrote:
> > First: In Latin America most part of people does´t have a fast Internet
> > conection, and for this reason is difficult to install new software by YUM.
> Could you detail "difficult" ?
> - does not work at all ?
> - getting repodata is ok, but downloads fail ?
> - how long would say a single kernel update take to do ?
>
> >    - Yumex
> Do you find yumex faster ?
> At what part
> - listing the available software / updates ?
> - downloading the udpates ?
> - installing the updates ?
>
> By the way it sounds like a job for the live spin tool. Perhaps you have
> seen some announcements from Rahul about official spins; I understand
> they are quite easy to do...

And why Fedora should include Yumex, if

* Fedora had nice interface - Pirut,
* Fedora 9 will include PackageKit?

Diego may be dissatisfied with PackageKit as it doesn't download info
about all updates (when you click an update, info is downloaded, which
takes for me about minute) etc.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/