Using private branches in CVS?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Mar 24 10:23:38 UTC 2008

Hello,

We'd like to start preparing updating vdr to 1.6.x.  It's not 100% clear if
this will be feasible for F9, so I think it'd be good to work on a private
branch in CVS and keep devel at 1.4.x until it's clear that the update will
happen, and then merge to the devel branch.

Are there any instructions how to set up and work on private branches like
this the right way?  I'm trying to search Wiki for instructions but didn't
find anything relevant using the title search and the full text search gives
me "500 internal server error"s.