F9 Beta release announcement: Trying to install K3B fails

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:21:11 UTC 2008

Joachim Backes wrote:
> ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
> Package k3b needs libFLAC++.so.6, this is not available.
> Package k3b needs libtag.so.1, this is not available.
> Package kdelibs3 needs libenchant.so.1, this is not available.
> Package kdelibs3 needs libidn.so.11, this is not available.
> Package kdelibs3 needs libpcre.so.0, this is not available.
> Package libfreebob needs libiec61883.so.0, this is not available.
> Package nas needs libXaw.so.7, this is not available.
> Package nas needs libXmu.so.6, this is not available.
> Package nas needs libXpm.so.4, this is not available.
> Package kdelibs3 needs libjasper.so.1()(64bit), this is not available.
> Complete!

Wow thats ugly; this looks like an error with mutlilib.  Notice its trying to
update nas for both arches, but it is only getting libXaw, libXmu, and libXpm
for x86_64, not also for i386.  But for jasper-libs its only getting i386 not
x86_64.  You might want to see what happens with --skip-broken, but I doubt it
lets that transaction complete.