system-config-soundcard: why?

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek jakub.rusinek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:18:54 UTC 2008

> Once upon a time it was useful for configuring ISA sound cards.
> Nowadays I don't think it even does that.

I had ISA card and it wasn't really helpful for me. However, if it was
helpful to others, thats good.

Imo, the s-c-* tools should replaced with something desktop-agnostic
and still actively developed.

I've filed bug in s-c-network about saving changes dialog, but I
didn't noticed any response or update of the tool.

I don't know, if RH maintains those tools, or they're open to
community, but they are inefficiently developed and maintained. That's
main reason I'm against them.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/