Fedora Development Process

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 14:15:26 UTC 2008

Just an FYI, we are after Beta, which means we're after the Feature
Freeze.  That means the changes you bring to Fedora 9 now should be of
bugfix nature, and not of new feature nature.  We have a very tight
schedule leading up to the final freeze, and every day counts.  Any new
instability brought in due to new features will be extremely frowned
upon and may cause the project to slip the Fedora 9 release date, which
is something I'm trying very hard to avoid.

Please think twice before bringing new things into Fedora 9.  If you
really want to work on new feature stuff, please request an early F-9
branch so that you can work on the new stuff without breaking Fedora 9.
--
Jesse Keating