Beta installation failed - video error

Joel jdy at cs.brown.edu
Wed Mar 26 18:12:46 UTC 2008

> Bill Nottingham (notting <at> redhat.com) said:
>
> If you want, you can try the build at:
>   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=532768

Bill, I also had the original posters problem of only underscore like marks
appearing with the latest beta x86_64 live dvd running on a Dell Optiplex 745
which as an intel 965Q chipset.  I'm running dualhead 1920x1200.

I tried that build (but the src.rpm rebuilt for fc8)

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.4.99.1-0.23.20080222.fc8
xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.2.1-4.fc8

and the problem is gone.

I did have another problem though with the beta.  rhgb hangs hard immediately
upon start.  Completely dead system requiring held-down power button to cycle.

Interestingly, I now have that same problem in FC8 with the new
xorg-x11-drv-i810 build.

Previously I had been using:

xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.2.0-1.fc8.src.rpm

Joel