Suggestion Next Release

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 28 12:26:13 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell <at> gmail.com> writes:
> No, it's an argument for a general purpose window manager that lets you
> open as many windows containing as many instances of the same or
> different programs as you want.  But we've had that for ages.  Why do so
> many applications pretend they have to manage their own multiple windows
> in quirky and different ways too?

Because you need exactly 2 panes to do most file management operations (copy,
move etc.) and a single one for the remaining ones, so having a dozen windows
with folders you happened to pass while looking for those 2 folders is only
annoying and forces you to play Duck Hunt with the X buttons, the extra windows
serve no useful purpose.

        Kevin Kofler