kernel-libre (hopefully 100% Free) for Fedora 8 and rawhide

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat Mar 29 23:24:03 UTC 2008

jeff wrote:

> The initial list of removed drivers (additions/corrections most welcome):

<snip>

> USB_SN9C102 - USB SN9C1xx PC Camera Controller support

Thats a fall positive there are a few hex coded tables in there, but those are
either:
1) color curve lookup tables
2) A standard jpg file format header which gets added in front of the raw jpeg
    data returned by the cam
3) register initialization tables consisting of { reg_addr, value } pairs

So there is no code in in any of these tables, they all contain data in one
form or the other, data which can be freely modified and thus this driver is
100% free even by the most strictest standards.

I happen to know this driver quite well, which triggered me, but chances are
quite big that you've many more false positives.

Regards,

Hans